Speed Camera Detector & DVR
To update the Elite2 you download the update file to your SD card and then insert it into the Elite2.
Drivesmart Elite2 the most advanced all in one speed camera
Detects all the latest mobile laser vans and fixed speed camera's including:
Mobile Laser Vans, Vulchers, Specs Average, Gatso, Truvelo, Hadecs, Monitron, Redflex Traffic light Camera's
- Full colour 4' OLED hi-res display with real time speedometer.
- Full speed camera detection including speed limits at camera sites.
- Voice and visual overspeed warnings in camera areas.
- User adjustable warning distance range or Auto ranging depending on vehicle speed.
- Detects all camera's including:mobile safety camera vans/vulchers/gatso/truvelo/monitron/specs average/smart motorway cameras.
- Red light traffic cameras.
- Mobile laser and high risk mobile safety van locations.
- Average speed cameras fixed and temporary.
- Motorway mode stops all false side road alerts(A first for GPS detectors).
- Live radar k/ka band detection alerts if the camera is active.
- Smart radar no more false alerts from shop doors/traffic lights etc.
- Built in live laser detection.
- 1296p HD DVR extra wide angle video camera (optional rear camera available).
- Full 3 axis G-sensor including collision recording.
- 10 event SD memory.
- Full custom PC playback software shows video/real time speed/Google mapsposition and G-forces.
- Up to 64gb micro SD compatible.
Elite2 Database Update
Elite2 Viewing Software
Frequently Asked Questions
Mobile camera vans, and mobile police units do not fire at every vehicle that drives past. There needs to be a reasonable suspicion that you are speeding in the first place. If you have driven past at the correct speed limit, they will not shoot the speed camera at you.
You should get an alert from the GPS database though. If this did not happen, please get in touch or submit your location so we can cross reference our speed camera database.
It is possible that the incorrect database has been uploaded to your Drivesmart. If this happens, your unit will stop working. To resolve the issue, make sure you download the correct product database and run the update again.
Your unit is probably in Dark Mode. Scroll through the menu and uncheck this option. Dark mode enables you to toggle off the display when driving at night. It stops glare from the display that you might find distracting.
This is usually caused by having ‘Motion Detection’ mode activated. This feature needs to be set to ‘OFF’ whilst normal driving. It is used when leaving the car unattended and needs to be activated manually before you leave the car. It uses the in-built G-Sensor to monitor for vehicle movement and then starts recording for the length of time set in the ‘MOTION EVENT REC’ option.
Scroll through the menu and make sure Dark Mode is switched off. This can be used when you are driving at night. It darkens the display, but keeps the audio alerts active. This prevents a distracting glare when you are driving at night.
This is generally caused by installing an incorrect update to the Alpha. Make sure you have downloaded, and installed, the correct database. It might also be a faulty power lead. If you have this issue, please give us a call on 01483 522 225.
I Am Getting Lots Of False Alerts When I Drive Past Supermarkets, Hospitals or When I Am In A Built Up Area
Scroll through the menu and make sure you have Smart Radar switched on. Drivesmart utilizes new technology which effectively filters out these false alerts by cross referencing them against the speed camera database. An industry first.
This could be a couple of things. Firstly, scroll through the menu and make sure you have Cruise Over Speed Warning off. This is a speed you can set which, when exceeded, will trigger an alert. So if this is set to 40MPH, you will be alerted everytime you exceed this speed. If you want this setting to remain on, it is advisable that you set it to 70MPH.
The other option to check is Continue Alert For Overspeed Warning On. This will alert you to the speed limit of the road when you are approaching a speed camera. This can also be switched off, but it is advisable to keep it on.
You probably have the speed set to KPH. This can be changed in the settings.
This is not a fault but a feature of modern cars which are over calibrated so they cannot be culpable in any speeding offence and to allow for any changes in wheel or tyre sizes. There will be some lag in acceleration or braking but at a constant speed the DriveSmart will be more accurate. There is a setting in the menu to add a few MPH to the shown speed to level this up with your speedo if you want to.
You have probably updated the unit with the wrong file (Loaded the DriveSmart Pro update on the Alpha for example.) Simply re-update with the correct file and this should solve this.
You can change the clock time to adjust for GMT/BST and Europen time zones. Scroll through the menu and add or remove an hour or more as required.